Dr. Davis takes his love of African American culture and history and uses it to help his students think critically about the world around them.

He empowers his students, stressing the value of learning about yourself and your culture. He helps them build a foundation of both knowledge and self-confidence. Dr. Davis always has time for his students, and you’ll often find him in the hallways, engaged in discussions about history, pop culture, personal issues, and academic pursuits.

One of his students said, “Dr. Davis is an exceptional educator. I find his methods refreshing and needed in the dangerous atmosphere of trying to educate in the inner city. He has taught me about my own history, and I’m grateful for the information he shares, and the spirit in which he shares it.”

Another student said, “Dr. Davis has gone beyond the call of duty to help me out with his class. He is always available to talk, and he taught me different strategies for learning and studying. As a result, I became a member of Phi Theta Kappa honor society and the Pre-honors Program.”

In the spring of 2018, Dr. Davis received the faculty/staff Luminary Award at Kennedy-King College.

Loading