Meet Jada DeJesus, Chicago Star Scholar. Jada began attending Wright College in fall 2015 as one of the members of the inaugural class of Chicago Star Scholars. This fall she is headed to Northwestern University where she has been admitted to the School of Communication and will be majoring in international business. Northwestern is one of 15 Chicago-area colleges and universities partnering with City Colleges to provide special scholarships to Chicago Star students like Jada. As a participant in the STAR partnership program, Jada will receive up to $50,000 per year toward the completion of her bachelor’s degree at Northwestern.

She is extremely glad she made the decision to attend Wright. “Community college for me was not the end but rather a new and better beginning,” says Jada.  “Not only did I save $20,000 in student loans by attending Wright, I was also admitted to one of the top schools in the country.  I am grateful for the Star Scholarship, and I wouldn’t be where I am today without it.”